- To Fight Distracted Driving, IL Tollway to Offer 6 “Safe Phone Zones” With Free Wi-Fi (NBC)
- 15th Ward Candidate’s 2006 DUI Conviction Emerges as an Issue in the Race (DNA)
- Judge: CTA Must Allow Workers to Pass Out Anti-Emanuel Flyers in Break Rooms (Tribune)
- DUI Suspected in Head-On Collision That Injured 5 in Garfield Park (Sun-Times)
- Cops Rescue 2 Men From Burning Car After Head-On Collision With Poultry Truck (CBS)
- Items on 49th Ward PB Ballot Include Crosswalks, Bus Benches, Kayak Lockers (DNA)
- Ms. Downing Goes to Washington: Active Trans Intern Lobbies Reps on Transpo Issues
- “Main Street Beverly” Blogger Wants Walkable Retail, Bike Lanes on 95th (DNA)
- A Coffee Snob Magazine Checks Out Heritage Bicycles (Sprudge)
- Road Rage-Fueled Yelp Reviews of the Kennedy Expressway (DNA)
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Thanks to generous support from readers and advertisers, we are now in the home stretch of our campaign to revive this website. The Streetsblog Resurrection Fund now contains $47,040, which means we’ve only got $2,960 to raise in order to win the $25K challenge grant from the Chicago Community Trust that will allow us to resume publication. However, we now have only five days to come up with that money before out April 8 reboot deadline, so it’s crunch time. If you value Streetsblog Chicago’s hard-hitting transportation reporting and haven’t already donated to the resurrection fund, please do so today.
Thanks again for your support!