- Metra: February Snows Caused BNSF Delays, But Reliability Has Improved (Tribune)
- Metra Paying Firm $12.6 Million to Update Accounting System (Sun-Times)
- Madison Street Lane Closures Expand as Part of Loop Link BRT Work (Sun-Times)
- 37-Year-Old Woman Dies After Crashing SUV in Monee (Herald-News)
- Senior’s Response to Rogers Park Road Rage Incident: “People Need to Chill” (DNA)
- Construction Slated for New Logan Square TOD Development (Curbed)
- Sauganash Whole Foods Tries to Fix Traffic Woes With New Parking Lot (DNA)
- Chicago Magazine Looks at Why Bike Licensing Has Failed Almost Everywhere
- Crews Will Replace 120-Year-Old Sewers on Lawrence, Central in Jeff Park (DNA)
- There’s a Big Photo of Steven on the Home Page of Active Trans‘ Splashy New Website
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Good news! Thanks to generous support from readers and advertisers, we are now in the home stretch of our campaign to revive this website. Yesterday, we received a number of online donations to the Streetsblog Chicago Resurrection Fund, a new pledge from a local business, and several hundred dollars in contributions at our super-fun Donor Appreciation Party at Revolution Brewing. We’re very grateful to everyone who showed up and/or contributed to the cause yesterday, and we also want to give a big thanks to RevBrew for hosting the event and buying the first round for donors who gave $100 or more.
After receiving $1,650 in donations and the pledge yesterday, our war chest now contains $45,110, which means we’ve got less than $5K to raise in order to win the $25K challenge grant from the Chicago Community Trust that will allow us to resume publication. However, we now have less than two weeks to come up with that money before out April 8 reboot deadline. If you value Streetsblog Chicago’s hard-hitting transportation reporting and haven’t already donated to the resurrection fund, please consider doing so today.
Thanks again for your support!