- Aldermen Hope to Force a Vote on Ordinance to Phase Out Traffic Cams (DNA)
- Active Trans: Despite What Tribune‘s “Experts” Say, Don’t Pander to Speeders
- Local Gas Prices Expected to Spike Next Week (Sun-Times)
- 2 Killed in Head-On Collision Between Pickup & School Bus in Hebron (Tribune)
- 2 Injured in Head-On Crash Involving Postal Service Truck Near Plainfield (CBS)
- $26 Million Awarded to Man Who Suffered Brain Damage in Taxi Crash (Tribune)
- Audit of Taxi Regulation Procedures Finds Flaws in Safety Inspections (Tribune)
- Lyft CEO Says the Car-Sharing Service is Profitable in Chicago (Crain’s)
- A Chicago Bike Messenger Explores Beirut, Lebanon, on 2 Wheels (RedBull)
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Whether or not you’ve contributed to the Streetsblog Chicago Resurrection Fund, we hope you can join us for our Donor Appreciation Party on Wednesday, March 25, 6-9 p.m. at Revolution Brewing’s Kedzie Avenue taproom, 3340 North Kedzie. All Streetsblog readers are invited to attend this free event, and everyone who has contributed $100 or more will get a complimentary beer courtesy of RevBrew, plus a free copy of my book “Bars Across America.”
Thanks to the support of readers like you, our fundraising effort has come a long way since SBC went on hiatus on January 8. We have raised $42,154 in contributions and ad sales, so we’ve got less than $8K to raise before we hit $50K. [Note: We’re currently having some technical difficulties with our Donate-O-Meter graphic after moving the site to a new server — this should be fixed soon.] At that point, we’ll win a $25K challenge grant from the Chicago Community Trust, which will allow us to resume publication by our April 8 deadline.
However, we now have only about three weeks to meet that goal. If you value Streetsblog’s hard-hitting coverage of local transportation and safe streets news, and you haven’t already done so, please make a contribution today. While donations are not tax-deductible at this point, in the very unlikely event that the site does not relaunch by April 8, your money will be refunded.
One more thing: If you’d like to get Today’s Headlines in your email inbox right after they go live, sign up for our mailing list here.
As always, thanks for your support. We hope to see you on the 25th at RevBrew!