- CTA Closes Madison/Wabash Station, South Shore Pilots Express Service to South Bend (CBS)
- Longtime Users Reminisce About the Shuttered Station (RedEye)
- Predictably, Cabbies Gripe About Construction for “Loop Link” BRT (Sun-Times)
- CDOT: Riverwalk Will Open on Memorial Day Weekend (Loop North News)
- Senior Dies in 1-Car Crash After Suffering Medical Emergency (Sun-Times)
- Van Driver Seriously Injures Cyclist in Naperville, No Citations (Sun-Times)
- Hundreds Attend Funeral for Teens Killed in Crash on Way to Basketball Game (Tribune)
- Metra Wins an Award for Its Online Marketing (Fox)
- Elmhurst Bike Club Bankrolls Repair Stand at Metra Station (Tribune)
- Parking Lot by Shuttered Rogers Park Movie Theater Will Be Turned Into a Park (DNA)
- Transport Notes Takes a Close Look at Detectable Warning Tiles
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
[thermometer raised=4140 target=50000 height=400 align=right currency=$ alt=off sep=,]
Whether or not you’ve contributed to the Streetsblog Chicago Resurrection Fund, we hope you can join us for our Donor Appreciation Party on Wednesday, March 25, 6-9 p.m. at Revolution Brewing’s Kedzie Avenue taproom, 3340 North Kedzie. All Streetsblog readers are invited to attend this free event, and everyone who has contributed $100 or more will get a complimentary beer courtesy of RevBrew, plus a free copy of my book “Bars Across America.”
Thanks to the support of readers like you, our fundraising effort has come a long way since SBC went on hiatus on January 8. As you can see from our Donate-O-Meter, we’ve got less than $10K to raise before we hit $50K. At that point, we’ll win a $25K challenge grant from the Chicago Community Trust, which will allow us to resume publication by our April 8 deadline.
However, we now have less than a month to meet that goal. If you value Streetsblog’s hard-hitting coverage of local transportation and safe streets news, and you haven’t already done so, please make a contribution today. While donations are not tax-deductible at this point, in the very unlikely event that the site does not relaunch by April 8, your money will be refunded.
One more thing: If you’d like to get Today’s Headlines in your email inbox right after they go live, sign up for our mailing list here.
As always, thanks for your support. We hope to see you on the 25th at RevBrew!