- Early Voting is Open; Read Candidate Responses to Active Trans Questionnaires
- CTA to Run a Later Purple Line Train for Six Weeks in Summer (RedEye)
- Flyover Would be Better Proposal if it Demolished Fewer Buildings (CTA Tattler)
- Chicago Millennial Trades $100 CTA Pass for $600 Car Costs (RedEye)
- Rollover Crash on Lake Shore Drive at Monroe Has No Injuries, No Citations (CBS)
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Due to a funding shortfall, Streetsblog Chicago has suspended publication of orginal articles. Please see Streetsblog Editor-in-Chief Ben Fried’s message about the hiatus, and my post about the effort the revive the site via local fundraising. In the meantime, we are continuing to produce Today’s Headlines on a volunteer basis as a service to readers.
If you would like to see Streetsblog Chicago return to daily reporting on sustainable transportation and livable streets issues, please consider making a contribution to the Streetsblog Chicago Resurrection Fund. Donations are not tax-deductible at this point, but all donors will receive an email stating that their money will be returned if daily publication of original articles has not resumed by April 8, three months from the start of the hiatus.
Feel free to contact John at greenfieldjohn[at]hotmail.com or 312-560-3966 for more info about how your donation will be used, or to discuss ideas for other possible funding sources. Stay tuned for updates on the fundraising effort via the Streetsblog Chicago Facebook and Twitter accounts, and occasional posts on the website. Thanks for your support!