- Mayor Touts Infra Projects of 1st Term, Promises to Grow Divvy to 6K Bikes in 2nd (Sun-Times)
- CTA Inking $32.5 Million Deal With Wireless Providers to Provide 4G Service in Subways (Tribune)
- Metra Riders Discuss System Improvements They Want to See in the Wake of Fare Hikes (Herald)
- Man Dies From Injuries 5 Years After Being Struck in Portage Park (Sun-Times)
- Driver Crashes Into Corner of House in Washington Heights (DNA)
- Emanuel Open to Adding Ped Countdown Signals at Intersections With Red Light Cams (Tribune)
- Mayor’s Motorcade Has Run Red Lights 5 Times Since November (Expired Meter)
- Loop Train Lines Will Be Rerouted for Construction Work This Weekend (DNA)
- Chicago to Indianapolis Amtrak Service Extended for Another 2 Months (Sun-Times)
- DNA Looks at The Campaign to Add a Sidewalk on 130th by Rosebud Farm Stand
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Due to a funding shortfall, Streetsblog Chicago has suspended publication of orginal articles. Please see Streetsblog Editor-in-Chief Ben Fried’s message about the hiatus, and my post about the effort the revive the site via local fundraising. In the meantime, I will continue to produce Today’s Headlines as a service to readers.
If you would like to see Streetsblog Chicago return to daily reporting on sustainable transportation and livable streets issues, please consider making a contribution to the Streetsblog Chicago Resurrection Fund. Donations are not tax-deductible at this point, but all donors will receive an email stating that their money will be returned if daily publication of original articles has not resumed by April 8, three months from the start of the hiatus.
Feel free to contact me at greenfieldjohn[at]hotmail.com or 312-560-3966 for more info about how your donation will be used, or to discuss ideas for other possible funding sources. Stay tuned for updates on the fundraising effort via the Streetsblog Chicago Facebook and Twitter accounts, and occasional posts on the website. Thanks for your support!