- Divvy Concessionaire Alta Bike Share Has Changed Its Name to Motivate (Tribune)
- Drunk Driver Sentenced to 6 Years for Crash That Killed His Passengers (Tribune)
- Elderly Woman Injured After Her Car Skidded Under Metra Crossing Gates (ABC)
- Lawsuit Claims Speed Cam Tickets Were Illegally Issued During Non-School Days (Sun-Times)
- CDOT Installs 212 Lights in Metra Viaducts Near Ogilvie Center (DNA)
- 63rd Street Bridge Closes for 10 Months of Repair Work (Expired Meter)
- While Nurse Aided Sick Child, Neighbors Trashed Her Car, Parked in Dibs-Reserved Spot (DNA)
- Survey Says: CTA Riders’ Number One Pet Peeve Is Standees Who Block Doors (Tattler)
- Award to Admiral Theater for “Beautifying” Business Strip Sparks Controversy (DNA)
- Seasoned Winter Cyclists, From a Bike Lawyer to a Streetwise Vendor, Share Pro Tips (DNA)
- Thanks for the Shout-Out, Active Trans!
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Due to a funding shortfall, Streetsblog Chicago has suspended publication of orginal articles. Please see Streetsblog Editor-in-Chief Ben Fried’s message about the hiatus, and my post about the effort the revive the site via local fundraising. In the meantime, I will continue to produce Today’s Headlines as a service to readers.
If you would like to see Streetsblog Chicago return to daily reporting on sustainable transportation and livable streets issues, please consider making a contribution to the Streetsblog Chicago Resurrection Fund. Donations are not tax-deductible at this point, but all donors will receive an email stating that their money will be returned if daily publication of original articles has not resumed by April 8, three months from the start of the hiatus.
Feel free to contact me at greenfieldjohn[at]hotmail.com or 312-560-3966 for more info about how your donation will be used, or to discuss ideas for other possible funding sources. Stay tuned for updates on the fundraising effort via the Streetsblog Chicago Facebook and Twitter accounts, and occasional posts on the website. Thanks for your support!