- Ride-Share Drivers Clash With Cabbies at City Council Hearing (DNA)
- Woman Killed After Truck/Car Crash in Sauk Village, Semi Hits Abandoned Home (ABC)
- Kickstarter Launched to Help Loop’s “Walking Man” After Brutal Attack (DNA)
- City: 4 Hours After Crash, Fire Deputy Had Nearly 2X the Legal Alcohol Limit (Sun-Times)
- Union Station Overhaul May Include a High-Rise (Curbed)
- Neighbors Say I-55 Noise Wall Would Be a $400M Boondoggle (DNA)
- Sad News for Cyclists, Country Fans: Easy Rider Shop & Horsehoe Bar Are Closing (DNA)
- Many of Chicago’s Wooden Streets Are Still Intact, They’re Just Covered in Asphalt (DNA)
- Get Bike Safety Tip at Lincoln Park’s “Spring Zing” Festival on Saturday, June 4 (DNA)
- Architectural Bike Tours of Oak Park and Pullman Are Coming Up Next Month (Curbed)
Get National Headlines at Streetsblog USA
6 more days left to help us win a $25K challenge grant.
Streetsblog Chicago is currently in the thick of raising funds for our next year of publication. Once again, The Chicago Community Trust, a charitable foundation that was one of the early funders of SBC, has very generously offered us a challenge grant. If Streetsblog reaches $50K in donations and sponsorships by the end of May, the Trust will provide the last $25K needed to keep the site running into 2017 and beyond.
If you haven’t already done so, please consider donating to Streetsblog Chicago today today. SBC is a registered 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, so donations are tax deductible.
If you’ve already contributed, thanks so much for helping us win the challenge grant. As an added incentive to first-time donors, as well as those who’d like to make an additional contribution, anyone who donates $100 or more from this point on will get a copy of John’s book “Bars Across America.”
Please feel free to spread the word about the challenge grant to potential donors, or contact me at 312-560-3966 or greenfieldjohn[at]hotmail.com with leads on other possible funding sources. To keep you apprised on our progress, we’ll be updating the above Donate-O-Meter along with Today’s Headlines each morning.
Thanks again for your continuing support.