Today’s Headlines for Tuesday, May 31
- Police: Group Chased Woman Onto Lake Shore Drive, Where She Was Fatally Struck (DNA)
- Cyclist Seeks Witnesses to Crash That Took Place Wednesday at 31st/Indiana (Chainlink)
- Why Is ‘L’ Ridership Growing as Chicago’s Population Shrinks? (MPC)
- South Side Weekly: Lower Ridership Numbers Suggest South Side Is Underserved by Divvy
- Active Trans Helps Bensenville Create a Complete Streets Plan
- Redevelopment of Old Post Office May Include Plaza & Riverwalk (Curbed)
- Architecture Firm Proposes Building Housing Above ‘L’ Tracks, Promenades Below (DNA)
- Portage Park Residents Worry New Drive-Through Starbucks Will Snarl Traffic (DNA)
- Perfect Weather Draws Some 20K Cyclists for Bike the Drive (WGN)
- Lincoln Ave. Corridor Plan Open House Wednesday 7-9 PM at Victory Gardens (BWLP)
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
39 hours left to help us win a $25K challenge grant.
Streetsblog Chicago is currently in the thick of raising funds for our next year of publication. Once again, The Chicago Community Trust, a charitable foundation that was one of the early funders of SBC, has very generously offered us a challenge grant. If Streetsblog reaches $50K in donations and sponsorships by the end of May, the Trust will provide the last $25K needed to keep the site running into 2017 and beyond.
If you haven’t already done so, please consider donating to Streetsblog Chicago today today. SBC is a registered 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, so donations are tax deductible.
If you’ve already contributed, thanks so much for helping us win the challenge grant. As an added incentive to first-time donors, as well as those who’d like to make an additional contribution, anyone who donates $100 or more from this point on will get a copy of John’s book “Bars Across America.”
Please feel free to spread the word about the challenge grant to potential donors, or contact me at 312-560-3966 or greenfieldjohn[at]hotmail.com with leads on other possible funding sources. To keep you apprised on our progress, we’ll be updating the above Donate-O-Meter along with Today’s Headlines each morning.
Thanks again for your continuing support.