Today’s Headlines for Friday, April 10
- 6-Corners Business Group, Active Trans Working on Plan for Irving/Cicero/Milwaukee (DNA)
- Trucker Crashes Into Disabled Car on I-55 Near Plainfield, Killing Driver (NBC)
- $600K Settlement for Woman Struck in Downer’s Grove by Turning Truck Driver (Keating)
- Cyclist Struck by Speeding Teen Driver in Riverside Gets $100,000 Settlement (Keating)
- Active Trans Looks at Why Chicago’s Walk Score Ranking Dropped This Year
- The Story Behind the Argyle Red Line Station’s Pagoda (Curbed)
- Real Estate Company Suing Metra for Blocking Sale of Millennium Station Retail Lease (Crain’s)
- SBC Booster Ruth Rosas Will Bike Across Country, Helping Build Houses Along the Way (DNA)
- John Talks About How the Runoff Election Will Impact Transportation on WGN Radio
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Note: Streetsblog Chicago readers will notice that there are new advertisements below our posts. Revenue from these ads, which were added by the Streetsblog leadership in New York, will help pay Chicago’s share of web hosting fees and other expenses associated with running this website. Streetsblog editor-in-chief Ben Fried mentioned the upcoming ads in a post back in January:
To make better use of our capacity to generate revenue from ads. Streetsblog reaches a sufficiently large audience that ad sales are viable on a much larger scale than we’ve pursued to date. We can’t afford to leave that revenue on the table. It may be jarring at first, but more ads on Streetsblog will mean a healthier news organization in the long run, one that can better achieve its mission of connecting people to information about the movement for livable streets.
Thank you for being understanding about this change, which will help make Streetsblog Chicago a sustainable project.