- Driver Fatally Strikes 12-Year-Old Boy in Elgin (Tribune)
- Man Who Killed Musician in Wrong-Way Crash on I-290 Charged With DUI (Sun-Times)
- Hit-and-Run SUV Driver Seriously Injures Crossing Guard in West Pullman (ABC)
- Uber Driver Charged With Kidnapping, Sexually Assaulting Passenger (DNA)
- Motorist Falls Into Chicago River Following Crash on Congress Parkway Bridge (Tribune)
- DUI Strike Force Patrols in Jefferson Park This Weekend (DNA)
- City Gets 1,800 Applications for Shared-Cost Sidewalk Repair Program (DNA)
- Outpouring of Support for Sick Girl After Her Nurse’s Car Was Trashed by Dibs Thugs (DNA)
- Roll the Cold Winter Biking Challenge Is Doubling as a Fundraiser for Active Trans (RedEye)
- Ordinance Against Valet Parking in Tow Zones Moves Forwards in Committee (Sun-Times)
- A Hoosier Tries Out Divvy, Likes It (Elkhart Truth)
- Ex-Postman Is on a Mission to Make Sure Chicago’s Street Signs Are Correct (Sun-Times)
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Due to a funding shortfall, Streetsblog Chicago has suspended publication of orginal articles. Please see Streetsblog Editor-in-Chief Ben Fried’s message about the hiatus, and my post about the effort the revive the site via local fundraising. In the meantime, I will continue to produce Today’s Headlines as a service to readers.
If you would like to see Streetsblog Chicago return to daily reporting on sustainable transportation and livable streets issues, please consider making a contribution to the Streetsblog Chicago Resurrection Fund. Donations are not tax-deductible at this point, but all donors will receive an email stating that their money will be returned if daily publication of original articles has not resumed by April 8, three months from the start of the hiatus.
Feel free to contact me at greenfieldjohn[at]hotmail.com or 312-560-3966 for more info about how your donation will be used, or to discuss ideas for other possible funding sources. Stay tuned for updates on the fundraising effort via the Streetsblog Chicago Facebook and Twitter accounts, and occasional posts on the website. Thanks for your support!